Quality at ECMC – 2016
- Women’s Choice Award® as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety. This evidence-based designation is the only patient safety award that identifies the country’s best healthcare institutions based on robust criteria that considers female patient satisfaction and clinical excellence.
- The Leapfrog Group, a trusted independent, national not-for-profit organization founded more than a decade ago by the nation’s leading employers and private health care experts, rated ECMC’s overall safety score at ‘B’.
- NYS Department of Health survey of Terrace View Long-Term Care stated that the facility has demonstrated a continuing, positive level of improvement for the care of its residents.
- The second-best score in the region from the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for preventing hospital-acquired conditions.
- Awarded a three-star rating out of five by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for patient experience. The ratings are based on 11 publicly reported measures in the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey. The latest update, released this week, is based on HCAHPS survey data collected between July 1, 2014, and June 30, 2015.
- The Gold Plus award from the American Heart Association for the diagnosis and treatment of heart failure patients.
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes the hospital’s commitment and success in ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
- Earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Opioid Treatment Accreditation by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards. The Gold Seal of Approval® is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to providing safe and effective care.
- Board of Directors of the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) unanimously approved the release of ECMC’s living donor transplantation program from probation and restored all privileges for the program.
- In doing this, a UNOS rep stated, “[ECMC] demonstrated commendable improvements in quality management and training and [has] successfully addressed the concerns that led to the earlier action.”
- NYS OMH survey produced three-year operating certificates, demonstrating the skill, expertise and hard work of our clinicians in Behavioral Health.
- ECMCC earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for its full Hospital Accreditation for a three-year period by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards. The Gold Seal of Approval® is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to providing safe and effective patient care.
- ECMC is one of two hospitals in Western New York to receive an updated ‘B’ Hospital Safety Grade from the Leapfrog Group.
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) informed ECMC that its ECMC Family Health Center achieved recognition status for “Patient-Centered Medical Home™ (PCMH™), Recognized–Level 3.” The effective dates of this recognition begin November 18, 2016 and expire November 18, 2019.
- ECMC recognized by Apogee Physicians as “Hospital of the Year” during a national meeting in Phoenix, AZ.
ABOUT ERIE COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER (ECMC) CORPORATION: The ECMC Corporation was established as a New York State Public Benefit Corporation and since 2004 has included an advanced academic medical center with 573 inpatient beds, on- and off-campus health centers, more than 30 outpatient specialty care services and Terrace View, a 390-bed long-term care facility. ECMC is Western New York’s only Level 1 Adult Trauma Center, as well as a regional center for burn care, behavioral health services, transplantation, medical oncology and head & neck cancer care, rehabilitation and a major teaching facility for the University at Buffalo. Most ECMC physicians, dentists and pharmacists are dedicated faculty members of the university and/or members of a private practice plan. More Western New York residents are choosing ECMC for exceptional patient care and patient experiences – the difference between healthcare and true care™.