- Ambulatory (Outpatient) Care
- Behavioral Health
- Cardiovascular Services
- Kidney (Nephrology)
- Orthopaedics (Muscles/Bones)
- Primary Care
- Regional Trauma/Burn Treatment Ctr.
- Terrace View Long-Term Care Facility
- Specialty Care
- Stroke Center
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center
Rehabilitation Center at ECMC
A Full Range of Treatments for a Variety of Concerns
ECMC's Rehabilitation Center consists of a team of physicians, nurses, psychologists, social workers, speech-language pathologists and occupational and physical therapists. This multidisciplinary environment enables us to provide inpatient and outpatient therapies for a broad range of injuries and illnesses such as:
- back, neck and other musculoskeletal injuries
- cancer-related problems with functional compromise
- chronic and acute neurological disorders
- chronic and acute pain disorders
- Guillian-Barré Syndrome
- medical problems with functional compromise
- memory problems, including early dementia
- muscular dystrophies
- normal aging with functional compromise
- spinal cord injury
- sports medicine-related injuries
- traumatic and acquired brain disorders
Our rehabilitation physicians are available to evaluate all patients and make recommendations for further diagnostic studies, including electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies. They also make treatment recommendations regarding individualized therapy programs. Acupuncture services are provided when indicated.
Individualized Outpatient Therapy Programs
The Outpatient Occupational and Physical Therapy and Speech Pathology Departments offer an extensive array of state-of-the-art programs. They feature well-equipped treatment areas and therapists trained in the latest techniques. Additionally, our staff members possess advanced clinical skills in neurorehabilitation and orthopaedics.
These capabilities allow us to tailor our services to each individual, addressing the person's abilities, response to treatment, and therapeutic goals.
Areas of Expertise
Areas of Expertise
Our occupational therapists use goal-directed activities to help patients develop the daily living skills needed to fully function in their home, work and community. These daily skills can include self-care, home/work management, functional mobility and leisure pursuits. The primary goal is to improve patients' thinking and perceptual and physical abilities.
Occupational therapists can recommend equipment needs and home modifications, as well as help patients find ways to compensate for permanent loss of function.
Physical Therapy (PT)
Physical therapists are uniquely qualified to evaluate, consult, educate and provide therapies for individuals with a wide range of physical limitations.
The primary goals of physical therapy are to improve strength, endurance, mobility and function and to relieve pain. PT programs are tailored to individual needs so that patients can achieve their maximum physical function.
Our Speech-Language Pathology Department provides full evaluation and treatment for patients experiencing communication difficulties, whether in language, thought, voice and/or speech. In addition, those with hearing loss may receive services to improve communication with their families and significant others.
Our facility is equipped with technology that aids in assessing the needs of the patient, selecting the appropriate treatment, and providing training that enhances the patient's ability to communicate. Speech-language pathology also provides services in the diagnosis and treatment of chewing and swallowing difficulties.
- Amputee Program
- Community Re-Entry Skill Development
- Driver Evaluation Program
- Hand Therapy
- Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Pain Management Center
- Spinal Cord Rehabilitation
- Spine Care
- Stroke and Head Trauma Rehabilitation Programs
- Wheelchair/Seating Evaluations
- Rehabilitation Medicine Physicians:
- Occupational and Physical Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology:
- Driver Evaluation Program:
- Pain Management Center:
- Pediatric Educational & Diagnostic Services (P.E.D.S.):
(716) 819-2400 (View)