The Erie County Home
Large enough to meet all your needs yet small enough to offer outstanding personal attention, the Erie County Home is more than just a healthcare facility. In fact, the Home emphasizes its family-oriented atmosphere. Residents can shop, visit friends, relax in spacious courtyards, go to the library or computer lab, and attend religious services, all without leaving the beautifully landscaped grounds.
Located in Alden, a spacious, picturesque suburb of Buffalo, the Home is a 10-minute drive from Amherst or Cheektowaga and only 15 miles from ECMC. The air-conditioned facility provides 586 beds in both private and semi-private rooms. As a fully certified skilled nursing home, the Erie County Home is the largest of its kind in Western New York.
High-Quality Medical Care
The Erie County Home specializes in:
- Skilled nursing care
- Short-term orthopaedic and sub-acute care (a separate and dedicated unit)
- Wound care and short-term wound rehabilitation care
- Trach (tracheostomy) patient care
- Traumatic brain injury care
- Multiple sclerosis care
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s care
The Erie County Home has on-site physician services, which are provided by Elder Medical Geriatric Services under the direction of Dr. David Eubanks, Medical Director. Erie County Home residents also have access to medical services such as dental, audiology and podiatry. In addition, our wound-care program includes a board-certified specialist (one of only three in Western New York) who conducts treatment and diagnosis in a clinic environment.
A Team of Caring Experts
A team of highly skilled medical professionals at the Erie County Home provides exceptional care. This includes:
- An attending physician with a geriatrician specialty
- Nurse practitioners who are certified in skin and wound care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Registered Nurses (RNs) certified in pain management
- Full-time dieticians
- A case management and discharge planner
- Activity specialists
- Registered nurses
- Certified nursing assistants
Specialties to be added:
- Short-term orthopaedic rehab
For More Information
If you’d like more information or a tour of the Home, simply call us at (716) 937-5690.
Erie County Home
- 11580 Walden Avenue
Alden, New York 14004
Map to Erie County Home